Steaks with Mushrooms, Blue Cheese and Frizzled Shallots
- 4 beef round sirloin tip center steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 4 slices thick-sliced bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, diced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Cook bacon in nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon with slotted spoon to paper towels, reserving 2 to 3 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Set aside.
- Meanwhile combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in small bowl. Add shallots; toss to coat.
- Heat bacon drippings over medium-high heat until hot. Add shallots. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until well browned, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from skillet with slotted spoon to paper towels. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Season beef steaks evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place steaks in same skillet; cook for 14 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally. Do not overcook.
- Remove to serving platter; season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and water to skillet. Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add cream. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until cream is almost absorbed. Stir in cheese and bacon.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over steaks. Top with shallots. Sprinkle with parsley.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 30 min | Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Cattlemens Beef Board and National Cattlemen's Beef Association
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.