Steaks with Mushrooms, Blue
Cheese and Frizzled Shallots
- 4 beef round sirloin tip center steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 4 slices thick-sliced bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, diced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Cook bacon in nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon with slotted spoon to paper towels, reserving 2 to 3 tablespoons
drippings in skillet. Set aside.
- Meanwhile combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in small
bowl. Add shallots; toss to coat.
- Heat bacon drippings over medium-high heat until hot. Add shallots. Cook
for 2 to 3 minutes or until well browned, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from skillet with slotted spoon to paper towels. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Season beef steaks evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon
- Place steaks in same skillet; cook for 14 to 15 minutes for medium rare
(145 degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally. Do not overcook.
- Remove to serving platter; season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Keep
- Add mushrooms and water to skillet. Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes or
until mushrooms are tender.
- Add cream. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until cream is almost absorbed. Stir
in cheese and bacon.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over steaks. Top with shallots. Sprinkle with parsley.
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 30 min | Makes 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's Beef Association
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.