Strip Steaks with Garlic Sauce
- 2 (8 to 12 ounce) strip steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted black Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed flat with the side of a knife
- Cut the strip steaks in half across the midsection to make 4 steaks.
- Season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and butter in a wide skillet over medium high heat. When the fat is hot, add garlic, and cook a few seconds until it is aromatic.
- Add the steaks and cook until well-browned, about 3 minutes on each side (remove garlic when it gets brown).
- Reduce heat to moderate, and cook for about 7 minutes more, or until done to desired tastes. Remove to serving plates.
- Add the olives to the skillet, and stir to heat through.
- Add a little water, beef broth or red wine to the skillet and scrape out bits that are sticking, then pour this pan sauce over the steak.
- Serve with steamed or sautéed asparagus, orecchiette (ear-shaped pasta) or small shell pasta coated with gorgonzola or blue cheese.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.