Strip Steaks with Mushroom Gravy
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steaks: Brown steaks, two at a time, in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high
heat, for about 3 minutes per side.
- Set the steaks aside and keep warm.
- Prepare Mushroom Gravy.
- Scrape bottom of skillet to loosen steak drippings.
- Add the beef
stock, soup and mushrooms to the skillet and stir.
- Reduce to medium-low heat.
- Add the four steaks back into the skillet, cover and simmer
for 8 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until mushroom gravy has reduced
by 1/3 and thickened.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.