- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (2 pound) chuck roast, cut 1-inch thick
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (20 ounce) can tomatoes, drained and chopped, reserving juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon A-1 steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- Coat center of large sheet of heavy foil with butter and place into a 13 x 9 inch dish.
- Place meat across foil, overlapping each piece slightly.
- Sprinkle with soup mix, mushrooms, green pepper slices and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Mix tomato juice, steak sauce and cornstarch.
- Add enough water to make 2 cups liquid.
- Pour over meat mixture and sprinkle with parsley flakes.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees F for 2 hours.
Yield: 4 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.