Swiss Steak 2
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (2 pound) chuck roast, cut 1-inch thick
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (20 ounce) can tomatoes, drained and chopped, reserving juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon A-1 Steak Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- Coat center of a large sheet of heavy foil with margarine and place
into a 13 x 9-inch dish.
- Place meat across foil, overlapping each piece slightly.
- Sprinkle with soup mix, mushrooms, green pepper
slices, and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Mix tomato juice, steak sauce and cornstarch.
- Add enough water to
make 2 cups liquid. Pour over meat mixture and sprinkle with parsley
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees F for 2 hours.
Yield: 4 servings