T-Bone Steak with
- 1 beef T-Bone or Porterhouse steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/4 teaspoons steak seasoning blend
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat; stir
in bread crumbs and cheese. Cook and stir for 3 to 6 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from pan. Set aside.
- Press 2 teaspoons steak seasoning evenly onto beef steak. Place steak on
rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat.
- Broil for
15 to 20 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F) doneness,
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 teaspoons butter in same skillet over medium
- Add mushrooms, green onions and remaining 1/4 teaspoon steak seasoning;
cook and stir for 4 to 6 minutes or until mushrooms are just tender and lightly
browned; keep warm.
- Remove bone from steak; carve crosswise into slices.
- Serve with mushrooms.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over mushrooms and steak.
Yield: 2 servings
Recipe and photo credit:
The Beef Checkoff.