Tangy Beef Strips
- 1 (1 pound) boneless sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Hot cooked noodles
- Cut steak across grain into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- In large skillet,
quickly brown steak in 1 tablespoon oil; remove and set aside.
- Sauté onions and garlic in remaining tablespoon oil until onions
- Stir in chili sauce, water, beef bouillon granules,
cumin and pepper. Heat to boiling; add mushrooms and peppers. Cover;
simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add reserved steak and any accumulated meat juices; heat.
- Combine yogurt and cornstarch; stir into meat mixture. Heat until thickened.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles.
Yield: 4 servings (about 4 1/2 cups)