Texas Grilled Cocoa Chile Steak
Bored with burgers and hot dogs? Offer seasoned steak slices in flour tortillas at your next backyard cookout.
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Cocoa Chile Blend
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Oregano Leaves, Mexican
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- Brush steak with oil.
- Mix brown sugar, cocoa chile blend, lime juice, oregano and salt until well blended. Rub paste over steak.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight for best flavor.
- Broil or grill over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Cut steak across the grain into thin slices.
- Serve steak slices in warm flour tortillas.
- Top with salsa, shredded Cheddar cheese and sour cream, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings | Prep: 5 min | Refrigerate: 2 hr | Cook: 16 min
For 1 serving Calories: 351 Sodium: 745mg Fat: 15g Carbohydrates: 27g Cholesterol: 33mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 27g
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.