Three-Way Beef Jerky
- 2 pound flank steak, bottom round, or any lean beefsteak or roast
- 1/2 cup teriyaki Sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- Dash of garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons liquid smoke sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup Chinese oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Trim all fat from meat and partially freeze to facilitate cutting.
- Cut into very thin slices, cutting with the grain.
- Combine marinade ingredients of your choice and stir in meat.
- Marinate overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Place cake racks on foil-covered cookie sheets or cover bottom of oven with
foil and use oven racks.
- Drape meat slices on racks and roast for 8 to 10 hours or overnight at 175
- Cool and store in an airtight container.