Till We Meat Again
- 1 1/2 pounds lean sirloin steak
- 2 large onions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Heat broiler.
- Peel and thinly slice the onions.
- Combine oil and oregano in a small bowl. Add salt to taste. (We
added a few shakes of garlic powder also.)
- Place steak in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Brush with some of the
oil mixture. Broil for 5 minutes.
- Turn steak and sprinkle with the pepper.
- Top with onions and drizzle the remaining oil over the top.
- Continue broiling until done, about 10 minutes for medium rare.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain.
Tester's note: We put noodles in a large serving bowl, poured
the onions and juice over them, sliced the steak and put it on top.
Source: The Accidental Gourmet by Sally Sondheim and Suzannah