Till We Meat Again
Tester's note: We put noodles into a large serving bowl, poured the onions and juice over them, sliced the steak and put it on top.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean sirloin steak
- 2 large onions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Heat broiler.
- Peel and thinly slice the onions.
- Combine oil and oregano in a small bowl. Add salt to taste. (We added a few shakes of garlic powder also.)
- Place steak in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Brush with some of the oil mixture. Broil for 5 minutes.
- Turn steak and sprinkle with the pepper.
- Top with onions and drizzle the remaining oil over the top.
- Continue broiling until done, about 10 minutes for medium rare.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain.
Source: The Accidental Gourmet by Sally Sondheim and Suzannah Sloan
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.