Traditional Beef Stroganoff
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) lean sirloin steak
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup dry burgundy wine
- 2 cups sour cream
- Cut steak into thin strips across grain, then cut these strips into 2-inch
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Dredge beef slices and shake off excess.
- Melt butter and brown meat well. Push meat to the side of the skillet.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook until golden.
- Return beef to center of pan.
- Add wine; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add sour cream.
- Heat to serving temperature.
- Serve over rice or hot buttered noodles garnished with minced parsley.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.