Traditional Beef Stroganoff
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) lean sirloin steak
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup dry burgundy wine
- 2 cups sour cream
- Cut steak into thin strips across grain, then cut these strips into 2-inch
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Dredge beef slices and shake off excess.
- Melt butter and brown meat well. Push meat to the side of the skillet.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook until golden.
- Return beef to center of pan.
- Add wine; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add sour cream.
- Heat to serving temperature.
- Serve over rice or hot buttered noodles garnished with minced parsley.