Zesty Beef Stroganoff
Cooking removes most of the spicy-hot properties from the horseradish leaving just the flavor that really enhances the wine and sour cream.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds top sirloin steak, cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup plus 1/3 can water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra hot horseradish (grated horseradish root)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder into a large, zip-top plastic bag. Add cubed beef. Seal and shake until all pieces are coated in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until oil is very hot. Dump entire contents of plastic baggie (beef and flour mixture) into skillet. Brown meat on all sides. The flour should absorb the extra oil.
- Add soup, water, wine, onion and bell pepper. The meat should be completely covered with the liquid. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so until onion and bell pepper are tender.
- Add horseradish and blend well into contents of skillet. Cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add sour cream and blend well into contents of skillet. Cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. This stroganoff mixture should be somewhat thick and creamy.
- Serve over flat egg noodles or steamed rice.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.