- 4 thin veal cutlets
- Salt and pepper
- Powdered sage
- 2 thin slices prosciutto (or cooked ham)
- 2 thin slices Provolone cheese
- Vegetable oil
- 6 or 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 cups Rhine wine
- Season 2 cutlets with salt, pepper and sage.
- On top of each cutlet, layer
a slice of ham, cheese and the other cutlet. Press edges of veal together firmly
to hold filling and secure with wooden picks.
- In skillet heat oil and brown sides of veal well. Remove veal and keep warm.
- In small pan sauté mushrooms, parsley and garlic in 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- To skillet in which veal was browned, add wine; heat, and scrape remaining
browned bits into wine.
- Add mushrooms and parsley to wine.
- Return veal to skillet and ladle sauce over meat.
- Add remaining butter and
cook slowly over low heat until tender.
- Remove wooden picks before serving.
This dish is easily multiplied to serve any number of people.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.