- 6 veal cutlets, well trimmed and thinly pounded between wax paper
- 2 cups onions, minced
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch of powdered thyme
- 1/4 cup cream
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 8 artichoke bottoms, quartered
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 2 cups beef bouillon
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Pound cutlets until thin and cut in half.
- Sauté onions in 1/2 cup
of the butter; add crumbs, raisins, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Remove from heat and add cream.
- Put 2 tablespoons filling in each cutlet,
then roll up and secure with wooden pick.
- Salt and pepper the meat and roll in flour.
- Brown rolls in remaining 1/2 cup butter.
- Arrange rolls in baking dish and cover with mushrooms, artichokes
- Add a little more flour to the drippings in the pan;
stir in bouillon and sherry. Stir until thick.
- Pour gravy over rolls and bake at 325 degrees F for 30 to 45 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Veal Recipes