- 6 veal cutlets, well trimmed and thinly pounded between wax paper
- 2 cups onions, minced
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch of powdered thyme
- 1/4 cup cream
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 8 artichoke bottoms, quartered
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 2 cups beef bouillon
- Pound cutlets until thin and cut in half.
- Sauté onions in 1/2 cup
of the butter; add crumbs, raisins, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Remove from heat and add cream.
- Put 2 tablespoons filling in each cutlet,
then roll up and secure with wooden pick.
- Salt and pepper the meat and roll in flour.
- Brown rolls in remaining 1/2 cup butter.
- Arrange rolls in baking dish and cover with mushrooms, artichokes
- Add a little more flour to the drippings in the pan;
stir in bouillon and sherry. Stir until thick.
- Pour gravy over rolls and bake at 325 degrees F for 30 to 45 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.