- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (20 ounce) can tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large veal chops or 1 1/2 pounds veal scaloppini
- Pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Mozzarella cheese
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Parmesan cheese
- Sauce: Sauté garlic and onion in hot olive oil until soft.
- Add basil, tomatoes, tomato puree, salt and pepper. Simmer this mixture for
30 minutes and then strain it through a sieve. Keep it hot over very
- Meat: Season some flour with salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg slightly.
- Mix the bread crumbs with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Dip the veal into the flour mixture, then into the beaten egg, and finally
into the bread crumb mixture.
- Sauté veal in hot olive oil until cooked.
- Remove veal to ovenproof
dish. Sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese. Spoon 1/2 of sauce
over meat and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in 350 degrees F oven until cheese melts.
- Use the remaining sauce over a bed of pasta.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.