A Leg Up (Oven-Fried Drumsticks)
A Leg Up uses your choice of crunchy coatings.
- 8 drumsticks
- 1 large egg
- Crunchy coating (choice of 1 below)
- Nonstick spray
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a shallow roasting pan with foil. Coat
with nonstick spray.
- Skin chicken by grasping skin with paper towels and pulling off.
- In a shallow bowl, slightly beat egg. Coat a few drumsticks in egg at a time.
- Place desired crunchy coating in plastic bag. Crush.
- Put 2 drumsticks in the bag at a time
and shake to coat chicken. Place on pan, lightly coat drumsticks with cooking
spray. (If using fried onions or honey mustard pretzels, do not spray).
- Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and coating is browned.
Yield: 4 servings
Italian: 1 cup wheat germ, 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4
teaspoon each garlic salt and pepper
Honey Mustard: 3 cups honey mustard pretzels pieces, 1/4 teaspoon
Mexican: 3 cups tortilla chips, 2 teaspoons each chili powder
and ground cumin
Crispy Ranch: 1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal, 1 envelope ranch
Cheesy: cups cheese crackers, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon
Herb: 1 1/2 cups herb stuffing mix, 1 teaspoon each onion powder
Curry: 3 cups French fried onion rings, 2 teaspoons curry powder
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes