- 1 whole chicken
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Gently lift skin on breast
of chicken; rub seasoning mixture onto meat under skin, over outside of chicken
and inside cavity.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Place chicken in pan, breast-side
up. Roast for 60 to 70 minutes, until done.
- Serve with yellow or Spanish rice.
Per serving: 510 calories, 36 g fat, 204 mg cholesterol, 2 g carbohydrates,
1 g fiber, 42 g protein, 2209 mg sodium