Adriatic Roasted Chicken
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 8 small new potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup low salt chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 1 lemon
- Wash and dry the chicken pieces. Rub the chicken pieces with olive oil and sprinkle
with salt and pepper. Place skin side up in a roasting pan that's big enough to
hold in one layer.
- Add the sliced onion, the unpeeled garlic, the cut potatoes, and the tomatoes
and the honey.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil, and the herbes de Provence and mix everything
well. Then add the chicken broth. Add some salt and pepper.
- In a preheated oven at 350 degrees F, bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Check browning
and turn after a half hour as needed.
- Remove from oven when chicken is brown and drumstick is easily detached and potatoes
are Tenders. Arrange chicken and all on pretty platter.
- Cut up the lemon into wedges and place around platter.
- Serve with good bread.
Recipe and photo credit: National Chicken Council.