Apple Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut a small pocket into the thickest part of each chicken breast and set
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain on a paper towel. Add garlic and scallions
to the bacon drippings; sauté slightly.
- Add apple, pepper, salt and thyme and return the bacon bits to pan. Heat
thoroughly. Remove from heat and cool.
- When mixture is cool, add cheese and stuff into chicken breast. Brown chicken
on both sides in a very hot fry pan with olive oil.
- When brown on both sides, place in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees
F for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is done.