1 (3 pound) chicken (or chicken pieces)
1/3 cup oil
1 envelope French onion
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cups water
15 ounces apricot nectar (3 small
2 chicken bouillon cubes
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
- Cut chicken into serving size pieces.
- Heat oil in pan. Add chicken pieces. Cook, turning occasionally, until chicken
is well browned on all sides.
- Remove chicken and reserve pan drippings.
- Place chicken in ovenproof dish.
- Add dry French onion soup mix and flour to pan. Stir until flour is golden
brown. Remove pan from heat.
- Add water, apricot nectar, crumbled bouillon cubes, salt and pepper. Mix
- Return to heat and stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Stir in sour cream. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Bake, covered, in moderate oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is
>> Baked Chicken Recipes