Salt and pepper, to taste
Paprika, to taste
4 chicken breasts, skinned
1/2 cup butter, divided
1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained or 8 large fresh mushrooms,
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup sherry
ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and paprika over chicken breasts and brown in 1/4
cup butter. Set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms in remaining butter. Add flour, chicken broth and sherry.
- Place artichoke hearts in bottom of 2-quart casserole or 10-inch oven skillet.
Place chicken breasts over this. Pour mushroom, flour, chicken broth and sherry
mixture over chicken breasts and artichokes.
- Bake, covered, at 300 degrees F for 60 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 60 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Yield: 4 servings
>> Baked Chicken Recipes