- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2
cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 tablespoons canned green
- 1 cup shredded mixed cheeses
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Chipotle Lime Sauce
- 1 teaspoon shallot, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 teaspoon
fresh lime juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken base or bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly pound chicken breasts to flatten, and
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, green chiles, shredded cheese, cream
cheese and the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place mixture in the center of each chicken
breast and carefully roll up. Place seam side down on a lightly greased sheet
pan. Brush with melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Let stand
10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with Chipotle Lime Sauce.
- Chipotle Lime Sauce: Process shallot, garlic, chipotle pepper and lime juice
in a food processor until smooth. Place in a small saucepan and add cream and
chicken base. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- In a small dish, combine cornstarch and water. Add to cream mixture and
simmer for 1 minute.
Makes 4 servings; one cup Lime Sauce