Baked Chicken Fricassee
This is one of those dishes which can be put together in no time. It's quick
and easy and very tasty.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) broiler, fryer
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk or half-and-half
or regular milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram crushed
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a shallow pan combine flour and paprika. Roll chicken in flour mixture
to coat. Arrange chicken in a 12 x 7 1/2-inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Drain off excess fat.
- In saucepan combine mushroom soup, evaporated milk, chopped onion and marjoram.
Cook and stir until heated through. Pour mixture over chicken. Cover dish with
- Bake for about 30 minutes more or until chicken is done.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/12/01 11:10:44 am.