Baked Chicken German Style
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups chicken
1 1/2 cups milk
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
8 ounces egg noodles, cooked
3 cups cooked chicken, diced
2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 teaspoons paprika
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium low heat. Whisk in flour and stir
3 minutes. Gradually whisk in broth and milk. Reduce heat, simmering until thick,
about 10 minutes. Blend in lemon juice and seasonings.
- Combine cooked noodles and half the sauce, tossing gently to blend. Place
in the bottom of a buttered 2-quart casserole. Top with chicken and remaining
- Combine Parmesan cheese and paprika. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake until bubbling and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes