Baked Chicken and Gravy
3 1/2 pounds frying chicken pieces
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup melted butter
2 cups drained whole canned onions
1/4 pound sliced mushrooms
2/3 cup evaporated
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup grated American cheese
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Dash of paprika
- Coat chicken with flour. Arrange in single layer, skins down, in butter
in 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken; bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer or until brown and tender.
Remove from oven.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees F. Pour off fat. Add onions and mushrooms to
- Combine evaporated milk, soup, cheese, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken.
Sprinkle with paprika. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings
>> Baked Chicken Recipes