Baked Cream Cheese Topped Chicken
Chicken breast halves are topped with a nicely seasoned cream cheese mixture,
- 1/2 package (4 ounces) Challenge Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano*
- 3 tablespoons 1/4-inch chopped red
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Panko style unseasoned breadcrumbs
- Oregano or parsley sprigs for
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine softened cream cheese, garlic salt, oregano, and red bell peppers. Set
- Wash chicken pieces, pat dry. and place on a foil line baking sheet.
- Top each chicken piece with 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Spread
just to coat the top surface.
- Sprinkle each piece with 1/2 tablespoon of breadcrumbs.
- Bake until chicken is thoroughly cooked (center temperature of 165 degrees F),
about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with oregano or parsley sprigs.
Yield: 4 servings
* If only dried whole oregano is available, use 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon
Source: Challenge Home Economist
Reprinted with permission from