Baked Mexican Chicken
1/4 cup butter
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 (10 ounce)
can cream of mushroom soup
1 (14.5 ounce) can Ro*Tel tomatoes
2 cups chopped
10 (6-inch) corn tortillas
2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon milk
1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped
cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add onion and pepper. Cook until tender,
about 5 minutes. Stir in soup, undrained tomatoes and chicken.
- Tear tortillas into bite-size pieces.
- Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray. Layer tortillas, soup mixture
and Monterey jack cheese in prepared casserole.
- Mix sour cream, milk and jalapeno in a small bowl. Spread over top of casserole.
- Bake chicken until bubbly, about 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings
>> Baked Chicken Recipes