Bourbon Pecan Roast Chicken
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped, or 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped, or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 small onions, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup broken pecans
- 1/2 cup bourbon, divided
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash the inside cavity and outside of the chicken and pat dry. Rub the cavity
with the cut side of half a lemon and sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Fill
cavity with the tarragon, rosemary, garlic cloves, onions and paprika. Truss
and tie chicken. Pull up skin from breast, press pecan bits into meat; pull
skin back into place. Pour 1/4 cup of the bourbon over chicken and place it
on its side in the oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes, turn to other side, add remaining bourbon, baste and
roast another 20 minutes.
- Turn again, baste and roast a final 20 minutes. Chicken is done when thigh
is pierced and juices run clear.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.