Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash is a delightful entree that the entire family will love!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (2 chicken breasts or 4 chicken tenders)
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 cups) Cabot Sharp Cheddar, shredded, divided
- 1/3 cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 green onions white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Buffalo hot sauce
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing for serving
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- To Roast the Squash: Slice both ends from squash and discard. (If you find the squash is hard to cut, you can put it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. This will help soften it and make it easier to cut.) Stand squash up on one of it’s cut ends and use a large knife to cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop seeds and stringy insides out using a large spoon and discard.
- Baste each half with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place squash cut-side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until squash is tender. Baking time will depend on the size of your squash. Larger squash will require a longer cook time. When squash is tender, allow to cool slightly before using a fork to gently scrape the squash into a large bowl. Reserve the squash shells.
- Cook the chicken while squash is roasting (you can always use rotisserie chicken too).
- Dice the veggies, and shred the cheese.
- To Cook the Chicken: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add chicken breast and turn down the heat to medium high. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees F.
- Move the chicken to a cutting board and shred with 2 forks.
- To Assemble: Place squash shreds, shredded chicken, 1 cup of the cheese, yogurt, garlic powder, onion powder, bell pepper, 1 green onion, and buffalo sauce in a large bowl. Toss well to coat.
- Spoon squash mixture into the squash shells. Sprinkle each half with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Return the stuffed shells back to the baking sheet and place in a 375 degrees F oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Drizzle with Ranch or blue cheese dressing and sprinkle with remaining green onions.
Yield: 4 servings | Prep: 45 min | Cook: 45 min
Recipe courtesy of
Chelsea LeBlanc Nutrition.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Cabot Creamery Co-operative
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.