Buttermilk Baked Chicken
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 2/3 cups buttermilk, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning*
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 (10-3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Pour butter into two 13-in. x 9-inch baking pans.
- Pour 2 cups buttermilk into a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, garlic salt, pepper and Creole seasoning.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk, then coat with flour mixture. Place bone side
up in prepared pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Turn; bake 10 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- In a small saucepan, combine the soup and remaining buttermilk; cook and
stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with chicken.
Prep: 15 min | Bake: 35 min | Yield: 8 servings
* Creole Spice Seasoning substitute: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and
paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.