Cheesy Italian-Style Chicken Thighs
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) Wisconsin fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup (about 2 ounces) Wisconsin parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 slices bacon, fried crisp, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), bone-in with skin
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken; mix well. Spread
mixture under skin of each thigh and secure skin with wooden picks.
- Season exterior
of skin with additional salt, pepper and Italian seasoning, if desired.
- Bake on rimmed baking sheet for 25 to 30 minutes or until skin is golden
and juices run clear.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before removing wooden picks and serving.
Servings: 4 (2 thighs each)
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes