Cherry Glazed Chicken
Yellow mustard is the secret ingredient in this recipe.
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16-ounce) can unsweetened tart cherries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Pour milk into a shallow container.
- Combine flour, thyme, salt and pepper. Dip chicken first in milk, then in
flour mixture; coat evenly.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken; brown on all sides. Put chicken
in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Bake, covered with aluminum foil, in a preheated
350 degree F oven 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain cherries, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Combine cherry juice,
brown sugar and granulated sugar in a small saucepan; mix well. Bring mixture
to a boil over medium heat. Add mustard; mix well. Cook 5 minutes, or until
sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in cherries.
- After chicken has cooked 30 minutes, remove from oven and uncover. Spoon
hot cherry mixture over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition Facts per serving: 493 cal., 26 g total fat (7 g sat. fat), 33
g carbo., 117 mg chol., 31 g pro., 1 g fiber, 231 mg sodium. Daily RDA values: 15%
vit. A, 8% vit. C, 6% calcium, 20% iron
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Cherry Marketing Institute
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes