Chicken ala Maria
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 chicken breasts halves, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 ounces ham, diced
- Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Dip chicken breast halves in crumb
mixture to coat lightly. Arrange in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Set remaining
crumb mixture aside.
- In saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender. Blend in flour. Stir in
milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1
- Stir in spinach and ham. Spoon spinach mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with
remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degrees F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until done.
Yield: 12 servings
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 4, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes