Chicken in a Basket
An easy way to feed a crowd. Great food to take on a picnic.
- 12 chicken pieces, washed and well dried
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons table cream
- 2 cups fine breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs well and blend with cream. Combine bread crumbs and cheese.
- Dip the chicken pieces first into flour, then into the egg and cream mixture
and finally coat the chicken in bread crumbs and cheese.
- Place chicken pieces in a large, greased baking dish or roasting pan in
a single layer. Dot with butter and sprinkle generously with paprika, salt and
- Bake, turning once, until nicely browned and crisp, about 1 hour. Eat immediately
or refrigerate to eat cold.
- Sesame Chicken: Dip chicken pieces in melted butter, then coat in a mixture
of grated Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and sesame seeds.
- Place in a greased roasting pan. Dot with butter and roast in a 350 degree
F oven until crisp and tender, about 1 hour. Chicken should be well cooked but
still moist and juicy. When you prick the flesh the juices should run clear,
with no trace of pink.
Yield: 6 servings
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 4/19/02 11:45:38 am.