Chicken Breasts Mediterranean
- 3 whole chicken breasts, halved and de-boned
- 1 1/2 teaspoons MSG, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon MSG, salt and paprika.
- Heat butter in skillet and brown chicken. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Sauté eggplant in skillet and place in buttered casserole.
- Add onion, garlic and green pepper to skillet and cook until tender.
- Add zucchini and tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are cooked down and part
of liquid evaporated.
- Add remaining MSG, Tabasco and herbs to mixture.
- Arrange chicken over eggplant and spoon tomato mixture over chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.
Baste several times.
Yield: 6 servings