Chicken with Jalapeno Peach Sauce
- 1 (21 ounce) can peach fruit filling, divided
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth, divided
- 2 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) whole chickens, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Process half of fruit filling and half of broth in a blender until smooth.
- Place chicken in a large roasting pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper, and
brush with fruit filling mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until done.
- Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a skillet over medium high heat 2 minutes
or until tender. Add remaining broth, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining fruit filling and chiles, and cook just until thoroughly
- Stir in chopped fresh cilantro, and serve with chicken.
Yield: 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes