Chicken and Mango in a Warm Coconut Sauce
A different and delightful way to enjoy mango. If desired, cubes of
pre-roasted squash or pumpkin can be used in place of the mango.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 30 mL
- 1 tablespoon Spanish paprika 15 mL
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice 15 mL
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or crushed red chili flakes 0.5 mL
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil 30 mL
- 1/2 cup diced red onion 125 mL
- 1 (14 ounce8 mL) can light coconut milk
- 1 (14 ounce8 mL) can diced, unsalted tomatoes
- 1 cup mango chunks, fresh or frozen, thawed 250 mL
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a large zip seal bag, combine flour, paprika, pumpkin pie spice and
cayenne pepper or red chili flakes. Shake to mix well.
- Add chicken, about 1/4 at a time and shake to coat.
- In a large oven-safe saucepan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and brown for approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add onions and cook for about 3 minutes or until just softened.
- Add coconut milk, tomatoes, mango and return chicken to oven safe
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve on its own or with steamed rice.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving Serving Size: 1 cup (250 mL) Calories
180 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 3.5g Cholesterol 30mg Sodium 45mg Potassium 150
mg Carbohydrates 13g Fibre 2g Sugars 8g
Source: Patricia Chuey, RD
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes