- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon grated powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled
- 1/4 pound Monterey jack cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- Carefully cut bones from chicken breasts and remove skin. Cut breast in
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 pieces of wax paper.
Pound with a meat mallet until 1/4-inch thick; set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 teaspoon oregano and parsley in
a small bowl; set aside.
- In a pie plate, stir together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder,
salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon oregano; set aside.
- Spread herb-butter mixture evenly over pounded chicken breasts.
- Cut Monterey Jack cheese into eight 1 1/2 x 1/2-inch strips. Place 1 cheese
strip on each pounded chicken piece. Roll chicken around cheese, tucking ends
- Dip chicken rolls in 5 tablespoons melted butter or margarine. Carefully
roll in bread crumbs mixture. Place seam side down 1/2-inch apart in an ungreased
13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove chicken rolls from refrigerator.
- Bake uncovered about 20 minutes in preheated oven until juices no longer
run pink when chicken is pierced with a fork.
- Place chicken rolls on a hot platter.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 22, 2001.