Chicken with Mushrooms
in Sour Cream Sauce
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 package fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup sherry
- 1 can cream soup (mushroom or chicken)
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- Sauté the chicken breasts in the butter and oil until browned. Remove to
a buttered/sprayed 9-inch square pan.
- Sauté the onion and mushrooms until onion is soft. Put the onion and mushrooms
over the chicken.
- Mix the soup, sherry and evaporated milk. Pour over the chicken, onion and
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken and mix in the sour cream. Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Serve with rice or egg noodles or mashed potatoes.