Chicken 'n Waffle "Tacos"
Stuffed with strips of tender chicken, round waffles stand in for tacos in this
sweet and savory take on the Tex-Mex favorite.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 16 strips
- 1 packet SHAKE 'N BAKE Extra Crispy Seasoned Coating Mix
- 8 round frozen waffles, thawed
- 1/3 cup maple-flavored or pancake syrup
- 2 tablespoons KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce (hot chili sauce)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat chicken with coating mix as directed on package; place on baking sheet.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile, spray both sides of waffles with cooking spray. Gently fold each
in half; secure with wooden toothpick.
- Place on separate baking sheet. Add to oven to bake with chicken for the
last 8 minutes.
- Mix syrup, barbecue sauce and Sriracha sauce until blended.
- Remove toothpicks from waffles.
- Place chicken strips in waffle shells; top with syrup mixture and onions.
- Serve with a mixed green salad and your favorite fresh fruit to round out
- Add 1 cooked slice OSCAR MAYER Bacon to each filled waffle shell.
Prep Time 25 min | Total Time 25 min | 4 servings
Nutritional Information - 4 servings - Amount per serving Calories 460 Total
fat 10g Saturated fat 2g Cholesterol 90mg Sodium 1280mg Carbohydrate 62g Dietary
fiber 2g Sugars 21g Protein 30g
% Daily Value Vitamin A 20% DV Vitamin C 0% DV Calcium 20% DV Iron 25% DV
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.