This cooks noodles with chicken rather than pouring over noodles. It is excellent
if I do say so myself.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces medium noodles
- 1 can diced tomatoes, slightly chopped
- Lightly brown chicken in skillet and set aside.
- Sauté onion in pan drippings until tender; blend in flour, salt, paprika,
and pepper. Cook over low heat until bubbly.
- Gradually add chicken broth; cook,
stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and tomatoes.
- Cook noodles to al dente; drain.
- Combine noodles and half of sour cream sauce; spoon into a shallow 2-quart
- Top with chicken; pour remaining sauce over chicken.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe by Millie Curry