- 3 whole chicken breasts, split and de-boned
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (3 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 3 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-inch thick. Dip into eggs. Roll in bread
- Brown in oil. Drain.
- Arrange breasts in 12 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In medium saucepan, heat next 5 ingredients. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cut mozzarella slices into 6 triangles and place on chicken.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.