Chicken Provolone and Swiss Roulade
This was one of the dishes which I offered for my catering business. It was one
of the most requested.
Serve these with rice pilaf and broccoli or green beans. If you like, sprinkle
these with seasoned bread crumbs and drizzle with additional melted butter before
- 4 (5 to 6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or smoked ham
- 4 thin slices provolone cheese
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pound chicken breasts between two sheets of waxed paper until they nearly
double in size and are fairly thin.
- Place one slice prosciutto on top of each chicken breast.
- Top prosciutto with one slice provolone cheese and one slice Swiss cheese.
- Roll up each chicken breast starting at short end and secure with
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté rolled chicken breasts over medium/high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, turning frequently.
- Remove from skillet. Sprinkle sautéed chicken breasts with tarragon, salt
- Place sautéed chicken breasts in a 9 x 12-inch baking dish coated with remaining
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 30, 2001.