- 1 (10 ounce) package CRACKER BARREL Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut cheese crosswise in half, then cut each piece lengthwise into 4 equal
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness. Wrap each breast around
stick of cheese; secure with wooden picks.
- Dip chicken into eggs, then in bread crumbs, turning to evenly coat all sides.
- Cook chicken in 1/4 cup butter in large skillet until evenly browned on
all sides, turning occasionally. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Cook onion and green pepper in 1/3 cup
butter in large skillet. Add flour and seasonings; mix well. Gradually add bouillon,
stirring until well blended. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add rices and mushrooms; mix well. Spoon into shallow baking dish. Top with
- Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove wooden picks before serving.
Prep Time: 30 min | Total Time: 50 min | Makes: 8 servings
Variation: Omit wild rice. Increase cooked white rice to 3 cups.
Substitute KRAFT Sharp Cheddar Cheese for the CRACKER BARREL Cheese.
Nutritional Information: Calories 600 Total fat 31 g Saturated fat 16 g Cholesterol
205 mg Sodium 900 mg Carbohydrate 34 g Dietary fiber 2 g Sugars 2 g Protein 44 g
Vitamin A 20 %DV Vitamin C 6 %DV Calcium 30 %DV Iron 20 %DV
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes