- 1 (2 1/2- to 3-pound) broiler-fryer chicken
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- Wash and dry chicken; prick all over with a sharp fork. Place in a clear
plastic bag in a 12 x 7 1/2-inch baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Seal the bag and refrigerate
overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- Drain the chicken; place breast side down on a microwave safe baking rack
in the baking dish.
- Cook, covered, on HIGH for five minutes.
- Reduce power to 50 percent (MEDIUM) and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Turn the chicken breast side up; cover.
- Cook on medium setting for 10 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is done,
turning the dish once.
Yield: 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes