Chicken Breasts Roasted with
New Potatoes and Fennel
- 4 chicken breast halves, bone-in and skin on
- 1 slice white or wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Potatoes and Fennel
- 1 pound small new potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 bulb fennel, cut in half and into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In small roasting pan or baking dish, combine potatoes, fennel, lemon juice,
olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread mixture evenly over bottom of pan. Set aside.
- Place slice of bread in bowl of food processor. Process until bread becomes
crumbs the size of peas.
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, curry powder and tarragon.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise mixture
under skin of each chicken breast. Spread 2 rounded teaspoons of the mayonnaise
mixture on top of skin; spread evenly to coat. Sprinkle each breast with 1/4
of the bread crumbs, pressing to adhere to the chicken.
- Place chicken on top of potatoes and fennel. Place in oven and roast for
about 45 minutes, or until meat thermometer registers 170 degrees F.
- Serve chicken over fennel and potatoes.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information, Per Serving: 460 calories; 18 g fat; 4 g saturated
fat; 30 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 2 g sugars; 43 g protein
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Chicken Council
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes