- 3 medium red onions
- 4 chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 large chicken breast halves on the bone (about 10 ounces each), with skin
- Grate 1 onion on the large holes of a box grater. Place the grated onion
and its juices in a large bowl. Thinly slice the remaining onions and add them
to the bowl.
- Chop the chipotle peppers with a little of their sauce and add to the bowl
along with the chicken breasts. Add 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt and toss well.
Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet or in a shallow broiler pan, place the chicken
along with its marinade, slipping onion slices under the breasts.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. (Do not overcook;
you want the chicken to be juicy and moist.)
- Remove the chicken from the oven and remove the skin. Top the chicken with
the browned onions, add salt to taste, and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 290 cal., 3.15 g total fat (0.79 g saturated),
8.91 g carbo., 2.06 g fiber, 53.53 g pro. (Note: This has 6.85 g carbo. minus fiber)