Cinnamon Garlic Roast Chicken
- 1 (3 pound) chicken, cut up
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon
garlic powder (or 2 cloves fresh, minced)
- 2/3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- Clean chicken well.
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture onto all parts
of the chicken.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a roasting pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator, and place in roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with
- Scatter onion slices around chicken, and roast uncovered for 35 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
- Stir onion slices, add the cup of water, and continue roasting for an additional
50 minutes until tender, basting occasionally.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.