Coconut Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 (12 ounce) jar orange
- Wash hands with warm water and soap.
- Remove chicken pieces from the refrigerator and clean under cold running
- Dry the chicken pieces by patting with paper towels.
- Cut up each chicken
breast into 8 pieces, each about the size of a quarter.
- Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with vegetable cooking
- In a plastic bag, mix together cornstarch, coriander, salt and flour.
- In a bowl mix the egg whites and honey. Place the coconut in a second bowl.
- Place chicken pieces in bag and shake.
- Coat pieces in the egg and honey mixture.
- Roll chicken in coconut and place on a cookie sheet. Wash hands.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 17 minutes or until thermometer reads 170 degrees
- At the end of the first 10 baking minutes, rotate the tray in the oven to
assure even cooking.
- After an additional 5 to 7 minutes baking, check the temperature.
- When coconut chicken chops have cooled slightly, lightly cover them with
- Spear the chicken with long wooden picks to serve as appetizers.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.