Coconut Curry Chicken
- 2 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 (2-inch) piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup HOUSE OF TSANG® Red Thai Curry Sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cooked white rice
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt.
- In large Dutch-oven, over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken,
skin side down and cook 10 minutes, moving occasionally, until browned.
- Remove chicken and pour off excess oil. Add onion, carrots and
ginger and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in curry sauce and coconut milk and return chicken, skin side
up, to pot. Cover and bake 40 minutes.
- Top with fresh cilantro leaves.
- Serve over white rice.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Hormel Foods, LLC and HOUSE OF TSANG®